Friday, January 18, 2008

It's a miracle!.. I finished a painting!


'Tie a String" 36" x 36' , Acrylic, beeswax, ink, and graphite on canvas.

This piece I have been working and not working on since last winter. I sold it's pair right away, and since then, as it stood alone in my studio, it became something completely different. A little darker, but more relevant. It always takes me a few weeks and/or months to decide how I feel about a piece, so I need to let this one soak in. It is way too new. Just finished it this morning when I had two glorious morinng hours in the studio, during a wonderful snowfall. reminded me of Michigan in graduate school, looking out my studio windows during those two long winters there. Maybe it was the snow that nudged me along to finish the piece! So thank you winter snowfall!

No comments: